Parkinson's Call-In Day to protect PD research funding is Wednesday, February 27th
Parkinson's Call-in Day is Wednesday, February 27, 2013. Thousands of advocates from across the country will be calling congress, asking members to protect funding for Parkinson's research. Join them!
Here's why we need your voice: The U.S. government is the largest funder of Parkinson's research in the world and Parkinson's research funding is at risk of being drastically cut. Are you in? Great. Follow these simple steps:
1. MAKE THE CALL
- To call your Representative, dial: (202) 225-5111.
- To call your Senators, dial: (202) 224-4543 & (202) 224-2742.
- To reach a different Member of Congress, dial: (202) 224-3121.
- Ask to speak to the Health Legislative Assistant. It's okay to speak to someone else and/or leave a message.
2. HERE'S WHAT TO SAY
- My name is [NAME]. I live in [CITY, STATE] and [I have/my loved one has] Parkinson's disease.
- Please maintain funding for the NIH, the FDA, and the DoD Parkinson's research program during negotiations on sequestration and the current budget.
- Thank you and I look forward to your support.