New clinical drug trial starting in Boston
Have you recently been diagnosed as having Parkinson's disease?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in a clinical research study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an investigational medication for Parkinson disease symptoms.
The investigational medication is composed of a combination of two currently approved drugs for Parkinson's disease in low doses.
The study involves taking a once-daily capsule of study medication and monthly visits to a clinic throughout the study.
You may qualify to participate in the study if:
• You were recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease
• You are between the ages 35 and 75
• Have not been taking other Parkinson's disease medication for more than 4 weeks
Qualified participants will receive at no cost:
• Investigational medication(s) or placebo
• Study related medical care by Parkinson's disease researchers
• Medical and physical examinations
• Laboratory tests
• Reimbursement for travel expenses