We are including information on products that individuals in our community have found useful. It is always best to consult a rehabilitation specialist (i.e. physical therapist, occupational therapist, Speech and Language Patholigist) to determine if a product or service is safe for you. Many assistive devices require proper measurement and fitting. Consider calling our National APDA Resource Center at Boston University Sargent College at (888) 606-1688 for additional information.
- NextStep is a walking aid which is helpful for an individual with "gait freezing". For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The U-Step Walker improves stability when you walk.
- Theracycle has developed a motorized full body exercise machine.
- The Handybar(TM) is a personal support handle used to comfortably step in and out of vehicles. The portable device uses the U-shaped striker plate located on the driver and passenger-side door frames of the vehicle.
- The Mobility Transfer Handle provides increased independence with bed mobility.
- The Massachusetts Equipment Distribution Program provides information on devices that may aid in one's ability to use the telephone. Please click here for more information.